Saturday, July 16, 2005 [ 4:49 AM ] ;
0 replies
EpiphanyI recently started listening to some of the songs that i used to listen to just a couple of years back. This songs include some bands like Linkin Park, HIM, Cranberries, etc...Everytime a familiar chord plays from the song of these bands, a whole pool of memories and emotions will rush back onto me, threatening to engulf me. Weird thing is, these memories mainly contained of the mistakes that I've made, and serving to remind me that even though time has passed, guilt has not let me off yet.
5 years down the road, if i start to dig up some of the songs I listen to now, would I question how I've lived my life now. I've just met up with quite a few of my secondary school classmates, and to think we've had such good times together in sas. The ruckus we've created, failing the subjects together, laughing at the nonsensical jokes "why ah?", "thanks lor", the after school street soccer at kolam ayer even though our prelims were gonna start, so much so that I could have said we've bonded so well like brothers.
A mere 1 year has separated some of us, and all of us have changed beyond how I would have expected them to us. 2 of them has tattoos now, quite a few has started smoking, most of them are enjoying themselves in poly and finally, a select few slaving away in jc and still wondering whether we've made the right choice.
Many times in our lives we've look backed, and thought about the paths we've taken, and this was certainly one of the times where I've clearly missed that one path I've trodden upon for 4 years with this wonderful group of people.
I miss secondary school life.
If only music could be put into words, how beautiful would the language be.