Monday, August 29, 2005 [ 10:04 PM ] ;
0 replies
I've been hit by a sense of nostalgia, and I miss the feeling of performing on stage. Should i return to Saints Alumni? But to do that, I have to first make sure I can find the correct commitment. Commitment that I am afraid to give, to give up so easily. Maybe because one by one, my favourite seniors are dwindling and also, new fresh faces are coming in and acting as if they own the place.
This might be a little boastful, but i miss the venues I've performed at when I was back at SASMB. I miss,
Chinese High School Auditorium. (Junior Band Fest, 2000)
Raffles Hotel, Jubilee Hall. (Saints Hallelujah, 2000)
Nanyang Polytechnic Auditorium. (SYF 2001. Gold)
Victoria Concert Hall. (Evening with the Saints, 2001, 2002, 2003, SYF 2003. Gold. Saints Hallelujah, 2005)
Sydney Opera House. (International Music Festival, 2001. Gold with SAJC)
SeaWorld. (a small performance for the public in SeaWorld, Australia)
Esplanade Concert Hall. (Evening with the Saints, 2004)
There are probably various other performances I will neglect to mention, Botanic Gardens, Istana, etc, etc.
I miss making music. I miss the band culture. I miss band camps. I miss talking till the wee hours to the morning in school during band camps. I miss playing a fool. I miss doing foot drills. Okay, maybe not.
=(
"Saint Andrew's School Military Band. Where music is heard on high."