Tuesday, September 06, 2005 [ 12:29 AM ] ;
0 replies
Looking over the other side of the skyApparently taking a leaf out of the School of Rock, we're suddenly going for learning journeys, first to URA, then to Changi Museum, and the upcoming trip to ISD which I am looking forward to this thursday.
The trip to changi museum today was mildly educating to say the least, not that I've learnt anything particularly new since I've studied the WWII : The defence of Singapore and Malaya in sec3 and 4 and also last year for Os, except for the fact there once existed a 150 feet tall tree in the Changi area. I think that translates to about 60metres tall eh? Apparently ships used that to mark their progress in the malacca straits on their way to china (or wherever), spotting the tall tree from afar means "YOU'RE IN SINGAPORE!" There was no need for nautical maps at that time.
However, the british commander at that time decided to blow up the area as the tree was too obvious a target for japaneses fighter pilots, who only had to bomb the area around the tree to cause damage to the british military bases.
"Aha there's that super tall tree just drop your bombs around there lads!"
Other than that, and our guide kept saying "Look chaps, ________(insert whatever he wanted to say)" he was plenty interesting, the history was interesting, murals were fantastic, and the gay pictures were good. Whoops. Did i just say gay pictures? Nah. Sk and Birdman took them. Haha...oh dear...another slip of tongue. Another thing dom boy did today to amuse me again today hahaha.
me : "Sonia looks really pissed doesnt she?"
dom boy : "I think she just looks pretty."
me : "Er...you like her?"
dom boy keeps quiet.Haha...funny la he. Anyway...Pictures!
Cornered down the dark alley.
Cast of the young and the dangerous.
Happy People =)
Wasted and homeless.
Dots. I dun know why it turned out like that.
Oohh..I didnt know why they looked so cool.
Twist! AHahah.
And finally...birdman and sk. Scandalous.

HAha that sums up what we did for today. We are a crazy lot of guys.
"And crazy is the forecast all week."