Thursday, December 29, 2005 [ 8:11 PM ] ;
0 replies
St Andrews 1st Junior School Band Camp 28-30th.
Alumni was called back as mentors to help tutor these kids in the elementary basics of musics, rudiments, theories, so on and so forth. I went back with Suresh, my batch mate in the same section(from 6 in sec1, we dwindled to the 2 of us) to help teach the juniors.
To teach the primary school kids, you must have the patience of a monk, and the stamina of a professional soccer player playing in the EPL, for these kids are extremely HYPERACTIVE and simply refuses to sit still for a single moment. Besides, they dont really get things fast, and you have to keep repeating the same things to them over and over again. And then over and over and over again. And yet over and over and over again. You somehow, do get the idea.
The standard however, is somewhat decent, and I would say if they would progress at the pace they're doing now, St Andrews' Band would have an extremely strong foundation to build on. A smile involuntarily drew upon my face as when I approached the Village(they call the school the village), I saw the Band CCA poster which stated "The flaming quaver lives on; 7 gold medals" which translates into 14 years of excellence. By the way, the band is currently ranked 3rd in the whole of Singapore.
-
I think, Im gonna have to go get new year clothes soon. And im seriously contemplating changing the song on my blog again. Yes, in fact i think i will do it either tonight or tomorrow.
Anyone knows how come i cant hear the music from my blog when i use firefox?