Tuesday, January 24, 2006 [ 8:49 PM ] ;
0 replies
The Markey.Wong link has been updated with his new blog, and congratulations to him yet again for reviving it. Lets hope he shows more commitment to it as he does to some other stuff or people.
International buffet this friday. Are you up for it?
-
Add on-At the request of bert, I've read his blog after he recently updated it. Barring a few spelling errors here and there =p, he's stating more or less what some of us are feeling now in school ie. Some of us feel stronger about it, the others weaker.
Personally, I've never agreed with skipping lessons. You make things difficult for yourself, for your classmates, for your teachers. You have to take in account the welfare of your academic grades, even if it would not suffer from the truancy you play, there is hardly space for improvement. Now of course Im not talking about our chinese lessons here, but overall about all lessons, and rather more directed towards the rampant skipping of lit lessons last year. I will not condone the skipping of lessons, and even try to persuade my classmates not to do it or I'll threaten to tell, but in the end, I didnt and they continued in their ways. I cannot do anything about it, as they have their own freedom of choice. They paid the result of it, by not passing Lit for promos as well.
For mother tongue, I can say that I think its a waste of time as well. Why place the double periods right at the end of the day, from 3:45-5:15, making all of us so tired by the time we get home. And its not like we dont have the other subjects to do be concerned about as well. Honestly, I feel like just leaving school after lit ended today at 3 so I can go home and sleep because I was so freaking tired. But then, I thought over it.
What has Mrs Heng done for me/us for these past 2 years? She tried to be the best teacher, she cared about us, gave us advice, and did not make things difficult for us. She respected us, and it would be poor repayment if I had skipped her lesson without telling her why. If I did it, the things i learnt from my stint in the military band, especially Respect, can be shot to hell. Think about it, she's nice doesnt mean you should just heck care and think "aiyah anyway she wont really scold me, so just go home now." Where, is your respect for your elders? She is old enough to be our grandmother, so dont try to ride over her please. You might not be in a uniformed group once before, BUT respect for elders is part of our traditional values. Please do not forget it.