Wednesday, February 22, 2006 [ 12:38 AM ] ;
0 replies
And once again, I came to school with 7 periods free, attending only GP, Lit1 and Lit2 and chinese is not counted because we dont do anything anyway. However, its not as though as we're left alone and quite an amount of homework has been left for us, with history being the highest stack(which im gonna ignore at my own peril) and some sort of econs work(which everyone ignored anyway). Teachers have started stating(gleefully) that once we've finished with the syllabus, we're gonna start doing essays, essays and more essays! They always say they torture themselves because we only have to do one essay each, while they have to mark like 30 of them. However, this is not true because looking at the quality of the work we hand in, I dont think they even have to mark the essays.
Counselling Session with Mrs Heng. Your one stop solution to all personal problems faced in life and then some.Since only 3 students turned up for Mother Tongue, we got a sort of talking/counselling session today with her. Sim Ailing aka elly took 15mins(problem kid), Tan Seng Kiat aka kiatee took 10mins(problem kid, but lesser problems), Terrance Ng took only 5mins(eh? why do i get so little time? I HAVE problems too right...). There is of course, a depreciating frequency curve for all teachers, measuring the amount of concern they extend to their charges(us), top of the frequency curve being the ones they care most about, and bottom of the frequency curve which people like me are placed there.
I have this irritating flu bag that just refuses to go away, even with the flu medicine I took. Hopefully its not the new strain which is more resistant and supposedly going around. Dinner with Sk and elly at Long John Silver, and our initial discussion centered around the presidential elections. The presidential elections are held to nominated the next president for the student council, and dont ask me why it sounds so important. I never got the gist of such a classy sounding name for a job that just centers around taking care of the council and making sure they do nothing stupid.
Anyway, elly was asking when Fizah(current SC prez) was gonna step down, and Sk stated it was around in April, when the Council Investiture would take place. There would be a handing over ceremony, which sounds cool but actually is not, for the one I attended seemed more like a mourning for 9/11 with the candles and all. Fizah's gonna hand over presidency to Iskander, Johnathan's gonna hand over to Saddad, and so on and so forth. All of sudden though, Sk suddenly proclaimed,
"I dont have to hand over to anyone, because I am the first and last project director, and there wont be another."
(slacking job, I dont see alot of "projects", unless you count orientation, where the planning is divided anyway. There is also the possible implications of a position created specially for him, sort of like the Minister Mentor, but for today, we're not going to discuss that.)
Elly and I waited patiently for him to get to his point.
"Therefore I am the last Manchurian........
candidate." He finished lamely.
Cue in a minute of stunned silence, with a bit of brain freeze, plus crow cawing.
................................................................................................................................................................-_-"
WTF ZOMGROFL.
For those that dont know, Sk is not a descendant of the Han Chinese, which majority of us are, but a descendant of the Manchurians, the "barbaric" neighbours residing north of China. I expected him to say he was the last manchurian emperor or something, and definitely not candidate! We can see lameness oozing out of every pore of Sk, and I conclude it must be the pressure and stress he's being put under by certain things(or people!).
To the end of a fairly long day, I have the champion's league to look foward to. Thus this makes it all the more bearable.
-
Imagine a situation where there are 2 guys, one amazingly tanned to the extent where people sometimes mistake him for a malay, the other who thinks he's fat and leads a sad life, where actually in both instances its not true at all. Anyway,
Tanned guy(whining) "nobody loves me. Im gonna commit suicide" Wields the penknife dangerously.
guy who thinks he's fat but actually he's not "*stunned silence*"
Tanned guy "okay wait. Change of plans. Im gonna kill you first and then take my own life."
guy who thinks he's fat but actually he's not "wtf?"
Cutscene out of the movie, "Welcome to my life."
Starring world recognized actor Dominic Yeo as the tanned guy, and promising newcomer Mark Wong as the guy who thinks he's fat but actually he's not. Critically acclaimed director Ow Shi Hong who is well known for his award winning film "What is the meaning of life and religion?" directs this film, showing Singaporeans another perspective of the society of the youths, an intricate hierachy system that is in place but not easily seen. A emotionally raw and powerful film, bound to change the way viewers see our youths again. Rated NC-16. Foul Language and some sexual references.