Monday, March 20, 2006 [ 4:35 PM ] ;
0 replies
The School Fatigue.I realised that quite a few(alarming number actually) of my classmates are suffering from this. After a week of break from school, some of them actually contemplated taking Monday(today) off as well, claiming that they had to declare self extended holidays due to the dread of returning to school. Writing their own letters, taking MCs from doctors, just to delay the return to the inevitable for a brief reprieve - 24hours.
I think I would try to guess why school is so dreadful. Personally for myself, I've never skipped a day of school in secondary school or even thought of running away. Probably because school was fun, and that there were no divisions in my class. We were much more close knit, although the size was bigger(40 of us give or take). The only time me or my classmates would not turn up for school would be because we were genuinely sick. Btw, my secondary school is not some goody two shoes school, its St Andrew's, where there are many slackers and a rapidly declining standard of discipline.
Starting school in MI, I've to say that the school itself gives a sort of jaded feeling to its students. It might be the architecture, the timetable, the subjects, the teachers(ha!), or perhaps, a combination of the above factors. We get tired of some subjects, mainly because of how its being taught, to the extent that some people strive to skip as many of the classes as they can. And im not talking about the tough PE regime here. If you think my classmates can help get me through this, you're wrong. My class, although smaller than in sec school(18 in total), is much more divided so much so that the uneasy alliance between the Allies and Soviets during WWII against the Nazi Germany shines in comparison. The culture of the school as well, is lacking due to the negative attitude of most students(I shouldnt be here in the first place, I should have went to poly/lasalle/nafa/mdis/etc), that builds an overall anti-MI sentiment that hangs over our heads, and I did not even include the mutual distrust between both campuses' students.
Or maybe, after talking so much, the problem lies herein with the students themselves. Now that we're older, more daring to do what we didnt dare back in secondary school, we finally break the rules, trying means and ways to escape. Its probably a phase, to try to run away from our responsibilities as students.
-
A bomb was dropped upon us today, when Mdm Nim mentioned casually "Your common tests is next week." I dont know what came over me, but I've neglected to keep track of the dates of stuff like this, presuming that CTs were some 2 weeks later or something along those lines. Looking at the horror struck faces of my classmates, I realised I wasnt the only one feeling that, well except maybe for Sk, who said in his righteous responsible tone of voice, "Ya what, you dont know its next monday?" And he's starting to study now, just read his blog. I forsee others will soon follow in his footsteps.
Hopefully, its not too late to salvage something.
-
Soundbite of the day.
"Huh? Sonia? Whos Sonia?"Mark said today to substantiate his claim that he was over her. Last week, he was crushed when bert told him that he saw her holding hands with Fariz just outside his house. It has been disputed over the past 2 years whether Fariz is truely her bf. The majority accepted that they are, with Mark forming up the minority.