Wednesday, March 29, 2006 [ 11:51 AM ] ;
0 replies
Since I've already declared CTs over for me after the first day, paper1 of history was pretty insignificant to me yesterday. I spent most of the time mulling over the sources in my sbq, taking my time, and finally pressing myself to think up of some intelligent answers for 3 essay questions which I dont know much about anyway.
About 3/4 into my sbq essay, or 1hour into the 3hour exam, I saw Mark already catching some shut eye. Throughout the next 120mins, the only thing he did was to make himself more comfortable. According to sengkiat who was sitting beside him, that "stressed him out".
Oh, as to the Industrial Revolution topic that was coming out, Joy told us to study France and Germany but the question required us to give examples from Britain and Germany. When we confronted her after the paper, she said she'll mark according to what we gave(even if we used france as a case study), but the problem was that since we were trained to ANSWER THE QUESTION, the likelihood of anyone using France as a case study and ignoring the demands of the question is close to nil.
On the other hand, GP in the morning was extremely hard, tough on my weary brain to try and process answers to the type of questions I've never encountered before. I was mortified with myself even before the paper ended, and should have thrown myself over the parapet when I could before I disgraced myself further by getting back my already confirmed dismal results.
So I decided to take my mind of things, and to have sushi and teppan yaki and Sakae Sushi in Changi Airport. They have relatively good teppan yaki there, and although the price is a little steep, its worth giving yourself a treat once in a while. Original people who was to go was ailing and sk, and I saw phoebe afterwards and asked her to come along as well.
Sakae sushi has this thing with their buffet, which takes place from 3-6pm(i think). For people who dont know, it includes free flow of sushi for all plates except the red ones, and complimentary noodles of some sort which I advise you all not to try, and 2 mochi dumplings. Due to certain accidents before they had, they didnt allow ailing who wanted to go ala carte as they were afraid that she would try and steal some of our sushi to eat. Ailing had the same experience at another branch in suntec, where she ate one plate of sushi, but the manager in charge insisted she paid the full price of the buffet($13.90 excluding gst) instead of the sushi(a paltry $1.90). Perhaps he thought she stole more of the sushi. Ailing swore that she'll never go back to that branch in suntec anymore.
We saw 3 of sk friends separately in the airport. One of them was called xiao pang(fatso), and the other 2 was a waiter at sakae who looked like a kiddy paikia, and the other some part time engineer or something.
-
Soundbite of the day
"No one!"When I asked mark who did the girl's voice belong to which I heard in the background while talking to him over the phone.