Tuesday, April 18, 2006 [ 7:00 PM ] ;
0 replies
Let me recount on the events on this fateful day, when I got hauled in for questioning about what I wrote on my blog a few entries back. After everything, the dreary weather reflected my mood, somewhat.
Mr Singh, Mr Azlan, and the person in question whom I made derogatory remarks about, the Principal. Before the principal was arrived, Mr Singh and Mr Azlan were doing some questioning of their own, about my blog post. It happened as a closed door session, and I thought my HT could sit in with me, till I was informed otherwise by Sk later. She was apparently very worried for me.
"Is this written by you?"
"Er...Yes."
I figured the best way out of the trouble I got into was to just admit and to keep my mouth shut, not try and act smart or anything. After that though, we got into the questioning of what might be the greater purpose of each sentence I wrote.
"What do you mean by this sentence?"
Well, to be honest, and I was honest there and then, I didnt have any greater hidden meaning in any of the sentences of that particular post. It was just that I was quite angry about it which was what led to what I blogged about. Words that flow from the heart instead of the mind are often more emotional and powerful sounding. This went on with Mr Singh referring to various other sentences he thought that I might have other implied meanings to.
I am not that shocked at what the principal wanted me to do. The only thing is that the calling of my parents down would make things unpleasant, since my parents never liked seeing the school about anything in the first place(Other than of course, good results, which agains reflect how academic minded the society is). Well, if the parents must be informed, then so be it.
There's the public apology, which I'll put after this, and if you're wondering how come the public apologies from me and the other fellow bloggers who got caught were so similar, it was given by the principal and we had to put it on our blog. Just as a fun fact, I had already apologized in one of the later posts for my flare up, but the principal deemed it inadequate as it did not specifically point to whom I was apologizing to. However, I think that my uninitiated apology would feel more sincere to myself then the formal and official sounding one above.
At the end of everything, he wanted to know if I had knowledge of other people who did similar things like I did, and he wanted names. I told him I didnt have any, and he seemed to doubt it. He chose not to pursue the matter however, and I suspect he might decide to search for himself to see if there's anymore out there.
After that, I got some consolations from a few teachers, about how I shouldnt take this to heart, and focus on my studies now. I want to thank them for the concern shown, and yes, I know I do not look like a student who will give disciplinary problems, but here I am, a kid with a serious discipline matter. Sorry if I've forced you people to revise your opinion of me.
-
Soundbite of the day
"This is not a witch hunt, contrary to what you might think."Mr Azlan, on the subject of looking for other possible culprits. Even if it's not, I've been shaken by the questioning and somehow feel that it quite describes what was going on.