Sunday, March 18, 2007 [ 5:00 AM ] ;
0 replies
Currently Listening To: Learning to Breathe - Switchfoot
I cant sleep now, after falling asleep at...I guess about 11 and waking up around 4++, and so decided to jump on here and do a little reading and maybe a little of blogging...which I'm doing now.
I had a lovely trip along(almost!) the south eastern coast line of singapore today, going to suntec, then to vivocity for a brief jaunt then it was going to Plaza Sing to pick up my comic and then taking the bus to the airport.
I've never travelled so much after being so tired from my game in the morning... Eating Sakae Sushi at the airport was my idea cuz I wanted somewhere with Teppanyaki and the only place with good teppanyaki was the sakae at the airport. That was the best idea of the day I had so far(or so i feel), until dom and I went to the pub at airport for drinks. Expecting a livelier and noiser pub, dom was almost taken aback by the almost empty pub and we ended up sitting at the bar and ordered double smirtoff shots with cranberry juice in them.
Thinking back, it(the drink) wasn't that great, and while Bailey's smells like your lovely Rum&Raisin ice cream, it's not my drink and the iced tea I had was fairly decent. We stayed on at the pub long enough for Manchester United to score their first 2 goals against Bolton, and after which we went to the viewing gallery for dom to admire his planes.
If I knew the pub was this deserted most of the time, I would have probably studied there last year, when I was spending quite a bit of time at the starbucks in T2 to study. The seemingly peaceful atmosphere would have done wonders to my chaotic psychological make up at that time.
I think I'm weak la, not meant for the drinking type. More like the hot tea type.
Note to self: Stay away from alcoholic drinks.
-
Addon! Jade's perspective of what happened during the BBQ...
oh, did i mention we dunked her into the pool too? :):)
was that before or after the cream-fest? cant rem. but anyways
it wasnt US (i.e. alumni perc, the offical DUnkers of the night -.-"""""") who actually DID it. our first attempt ALMOST succeeded, if not for the Xena of an aunt yan has who Single-woman-ly draggeddddd her away from the pool, against the whole alumni perc who was tugging her To the pool. half way through this human tug of war, we all let go at some point or another-- gawd, yan is freaking bony, and we could have pulled out yan's bones from the sockets/ break it etcetc any moment man. damn freaky.
the grand twist was of course.. this very "protective" aunt was the very same person to graciously push yan into the waiting pool. What a splash by the birthday girl. hahahahaha!
the whole dunking thing was freaking funny man. it all started with a very "accidental" (or not?) push of poor terrance by gani? ada? we, or at least I was damn shocked; the plan was to just get yan into the water!? things just rolled off from there: when the next victim was ada, who was wearing a SKIRT, and yet the laughing barbarians (gani and wayne) just tossed her into the pool like fresh meat into the jaws of a lion, i knew this was it. I was not to be spared, and hurried off to deposit my hp into my bag. And right on time! -- right after i returned i was the next!!!! im getting psychic, man. i mean, what the hell??! i really didnt count on getting wet during this bbq. and tempting as the beautiful swiming blue lagoons were, even if i DID said i felt like swimming--- i didnt mean it fully clothed!!!! ahhahaah. think my screams and shrieks "GANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" pierced the otherwise calm surroundings. seeing the look of utter fury + determination on my face, gani was resigned to going into the water with wayne. (score one for jade! :) And so the whole perc alumni had a jolly good wet time, splishing and splashing together. and dunno who's good idea was it for us to head into the sauna to "dry" ourselves. . . . . . . . . . . . maybe its the alcohol that impaired our judgements (seriously, the guys CA N N OT drink! super lousy man.. gani had 3 mouthfuls of beer and cldnt take it!! :0 wldnt count on them to send me home if we ever go drinking or sth....... -.-"
its such a pity the games thingy didnt work out.. but i must admit i was quite relieved as well. i mean, the forfeits that jan, gin and i thought of were freaking good la.. most involved TWO people. heh heh heh.. haha! paiseh la, yan!
went for supper with the section ( - yan) at fong seng. times with them are just reliably, seriously damn fun. love them man. but with gani leaving and all.. ohwell. will cherish watever we have or can have in the remaining days to come. more outings!! :)